Useful information about the job
Cobalt Fairy is searching for dedicated beta reader specialists with an expert level on beta reading either crime fiction novels (legal thriller series) or historical romance genres (Regency, Scottish/Medieval and Western). What we are looking for is avid readers who love either of the aforementioned genres and can help us improve our stories to match our audience’s needs!
Each of our books is approximately 60k to 80k words. We're looking to create an ongoing business relationship with chosen freelancers. We run a big publishing company and we have many projects ready to be developed.
- Read our authors’ manuscript from the perspective of a reader
- Offer constructive criticism regarding character/story arcs, dialogue, pacing, plot inconsistencies/holes and over all story cohesiveness
- Suggest ideas on how to improve the authenticity of characters or veracity of the story
What we offer (benefits):
- We’ll provide you with the opportunity to strengthen your portfolio as much as you like in the publishing industry.
- We are looking for associates to build long term relationships with.
- Our company is focused not only on the achievement of high work performances but also on the personal development of each and every member of the team. Through our super friendly atmosphere, team spirit and growth mindset we will help you evolve with our summer summits, book reading club and personal development short webinars.
- Proven working experience as a beta reader in the Crime Fiction or Historical Romance genre (Regency, Scottish/Medieval) -- depending on the genre they choose to work on.
- Expert research skills and knowledge of the preferred genre -- we are only interested in the avid readers of the genre!
- Capacity to understand the MINDSET of the READERS of the specific niche and their needs, and judge a writer's writing style to match our audience.
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation. NATIVE English speakers only.
- Have a fast turnaround time to match our publishing needs.
- Hands on experience with MS Office
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Team spirit
- Excellent Google search skills
Are you still interested?
If yes please fill in the form below and we'll get in touch as soon as possible.