Useful information about the job
Cobalt Fairy, a very successful publishing house with years on the field, is looking for a skilled editor to join its team of hard working and skilled individuals. The employee’s tasks include, amongst others, reading books and correcting them for errors in grammar and syntax, rewriting copy to make it easier for readers to understand, suggesting revisions to help improve clarity or accuracy and carrying out research to verify facts, dates and statistics in a story—all with the company’s best interest in mind.
Your daily tasks:
- Read content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Rewrite copy to make it easier for readers to understand.
- Check copy for readability, style and agreement with editorial policy.
- Suggest revisions, such as changing words and rearranging sentences and paragraphs to improve clarity or accuracy.
- Carry out research to verify facts, dates and statistics using standard reference sources for writers.
- Evaluate submissions from writers to decide what to publish.
Everywhere there is a wi-fi connection! Work from home, in your PJs or in your hometown’s library, as long as you ensure quality of work and a comfortable working space.
As a full-time position, we need to reach out to you when a project is ready and receive a response on your eligibility within 24 hours.
What we offer (benefits):
- We’ll provide you with the opportunity to strengthen your portfolio as much as you like in the publishing industry.
- We are looking for associates to build long term relationships with.
- Our company is focused not only on the achievement of high work performances but also on the personal development of each and every member of the team. Through our super friendly atmosphere, team spirit and growth mindset we will help you evolve with our summer summits, book reading club and personal development short webinars.
- Proven working experience as an editor
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Strong editing and proofreading skills, and a strong portfolio
- Hands on experience with MS Office
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Team spirit
- Beta Reading
Are you still interested?
If yes please fill in the form below and we'll get in touch as soon as possible.